I started compiling a list of a hundred things. I started a couple weeks ago and have put a few things on every now and then as I think of them, but I didn't get all 100 and I'm tired of thinking about myself. So I'm posting 82 things about me.
18. Potato soup is a comfort food for me.
19. I can hear the high frequency noises that come from electronic contraptions but I have a hard time hearing and understanding the voices of men.
20. Water Aerobics is my favorite form of exercise.
21. The latest I've ever slept in is 9:30 in the morning.
22. I have never seen the movies or read the books for the Harry Potter series. There is no particular reason for this.
23. Spring is my favorite season. I also love Fall because its my sister's favorite season.
24. I wonder things like... what made the "Danskin" people choose orange for their 2lb weight color and green for their 1lb weight color.
25. "Soccer Mom" will be added to the list of names that I go by this spring. This is one of the highlights of motherhood for me.
26. Office supplies make a great gift for me. What girl doesn't like a new notebook or Post-It?
27. If I ever work outside the home (and don't run a preschool) I want it to be an administrative assistant.
28. Caring for children is one of my favorite things to do.
29. Memorization does not come easy to me.
30. Sunflowers and stefanotis are my favorite flowers.
31. Diet Pepsi is my favorite beverage.
32. My favorite verses in the Bible are Hebrews 4:14-16.
33. The Wizard of Oz is my least favorite movie.
34. Feet are my least favorite part of the body. I do not even like my own.
35. I like to pretend that being trendy doesn't matter to me. But, I do not like to spend money or shop. So I am not trendy and it only bothers me on the occasion that I am in the company of someone particularly trendy.
36. I recently purchased the bag of my dreams. It is not made of shiny feaux leather, have leopard print or magnetic snaps.
37. I did not shop for the bag. A friend has one and I asked her where to find it. I made the purchase in less than 20 minutes.
38. I love it when my kids blow bubbles in their milk.
39. The toilet paper in my bathroom rolls over the top. It matters to me.
40. Logan and I got married on 9-9-2000 so it is easily remembered... by me.
41. I dip my pancakes in syrup with each bite. I keep my spaghetti separate from my sauce. And I like white rice plain.
42. I love to snuggle my kids and smell their heads.
43. Stand-up comedy is not funny to me.
44. I understand what covetting is by way of a lesson learned involving a Mac laptop.
45. My silky blanket goes with me when I stay overnight at someone else's house. It is a twin size blanket that I used when I slept in my grandparents' fifth-wheel. I love that blanket.
46. There is a church in Grand Junction, Colorado that I can remember very clearly. I went there before the age of six. It reminds me that the time I spend preparing for my preschool bible class matters.
47. Owning and running a preschool is a dream of mine.
48. I do not feel intelligent about politics because I don't have time to read everything there is to know about every candidate, and that seems necessary to me to be able to have an opinion about them.
49. Honesty matters to me.
50. I started this list from 100 so I would know how many I had left to think of. 50 to go.
51. Lipton tea is my java.
52. I dislike doing dishes VERY much.
53. I love the Pirates of the Carribean series.
54. I was not profoundly effected by any minister until we joined PUMP Church of Christ. (I do not say that to offend others, it is simply the truth.)
55. I loved the second trimester of both of my pregnancies.
56. I once climbed and sat in a cherry tree and ate cherries until my tummy was tight. I did not get sick and still do not get sick while eating cherries.
57. Spelling "neighborhood" correctly earned me bonus points in fourth grade. I remember my teacher's name: Mr. Russo
58. Most of my spelling ability is atributed to word-finds in fifth grade. We got a piece of licorice for every word find completed correctly. And I still think words in their s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g. (Mr. Burke was his name. He read a chapter out of a book each day after recess and he pushed his glasses up on his nose using only his face muscles.)
59. I color code things in my planner.
60. Tripping over things in my home is the one thing that frustrates me the most.
61. I do not like rose scented things.
62. In highschool my sister and I lived in very different worlds. But if anyone picked on one of us the other knew and defended the other. I hope for that for our boys.
63. I don't talk to anyone from highschool and will never go to a reunion.
64. I wonder how many people will really read all of these things about me. It makes me feel awkward to think so much about myself.
65. Stefanotis is a beautiful flower whose fragrance fills the room with my mother's presence; her gentleness and kindness and it makes me ache to be next to her.
66. Halloween is my least favorite holiday.
67. Sometimes I can still remember how my strawberry shampoo smelled when I was little.
68. Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis and the News, Carol King and Accapella (Travelin' Shoes) musically shaped me.
69. Motion sickness sometimes gets the best of me even when I'm driving.
70. I cheated on my final in Acts Class with Stan Granberg. Three years later I contacted him to tell him about the cheating and slept the best in years that night. He changed my grade to a D which could have been an F. I am still grateful to him for the grace.
71. I love cream and brown tones in a room.
72. The only toys I have from my childhood (that I can find) are two My Little Ponies.
73. My great- great granddad was a horse-back circuit preacher.
74. My highschool music teacher said that the difference between gospel music and blues is, "Oh Lord" and "Oh baby".
75. He also taught me how to hit the high notes by teaching me to shoot free throws, that purple is not just a color, and that a good jazz band doesn't find the beat with the drummer.
76. I let my kids jump on my bed.
77. Anxiety sweeps over me at the grocery store if I get there and realize I've forgotten a comprehensive list.
78. My favorite name of Jesus is "Advocate".
79. Chocolate gives me migranes.
80. I still struggle with regret over my wedding photographer. He did not allow my grandpa to take pictures of me. ~ I should have fired him on the spot. ~ It still makes me angry to tears and sad that I didn't stick up for him. Sometimes I fanticize about what I should have said to the photographer, and then I get embarassed and ask God to forgive my foul mouth.
81. When Logan and I got married it was the last time I saw my grandmother. I still remember her kiss and hug.
82. Conflict does not scare me. The possability of damaging a relationship scares me.
83. My first pet was a Samoide named Bear. Well, he was my dad's dog, but he shared. Bear loved oranges and snow and playing with my dad. He used to turn into a white fluff ball when my dad brushed him. We had to put him down when I was 18. ~ I still miss him.
84. I learned to sing in church where my mother gave us a half piece of gum before church started so we wouldn't bug her for it during communion. I still sing with gum in my mouth.
85. I was once ranked tied for 3rd in the solo competition at the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival in highschool. It is my first memory of having a placement in a competition of any kind. I sang with gum in my mouth.
86. I wish to have played volleyball in highschool and college.
87. The dentist chair is my second least favorite place to be.
88. Any place where "shopping" is required is my least favorite place to be.
89. The idea of getting on a plane makes my stomach hurt and my heart beat fast.
90. I will be 30 in June but I feel like I've been 18 for a really long time.
91. I do not wear anklets.
92. Orange juice is my favorite juice.
93. My son and I love the same Pooh character.
94. I love to read. I have read more in the last 30 days than in the last ten years.
95. People say I look like my mom and act like my aunt. I think it's because I believe my mother to be the most beautiful woman alive and my aunt's manner was impressed upon my heart at a very young age. I think my mother to be strong and my aunt to be gentle. Both are traits I do not think I know yet.
96. I know that there are eight steps to the second floor, nine to the ground floor and seven to the first floor of our building... 41 steps to the dumpster... 38 to our car from the front door... 22 to the Johnson Center and seventeen steps up to the cafeteria.
97. Kaytlyn, Abigail and Fiona are daughters of my heart.
98. I do not like Diet Squirt and orange Chicklets at the same time.
99. I love to garden and have a potting bench that Logan built for me. But I do not have a yard. So I have house plants and plans for a beautiful garden when we buy a home with a yard.
100. My greatest wish is to sing for Disney.