Sunday, March 30, 2008

And breath...

Yesterday my husband decided to clean out a closet. And that was the end of the day. About 12 hours later every room had been purged and cleaned in one form or another. I didn't get anything done that I wanted to do but I did get done the things I needed to do and that is much more important. Now I can focus on the things I want to do, which have become things I need to do, and I can do them with much less distraction.

Before that though, I take some time to just breath. This really is the calm before the second storm of the second semester. Life gets busy after today and will slow down some time in June. So I sit in my clean house, doing a little bit of what I want to do as I nurse a stomach and head ache. I think I have just plum worn myself out. Nothing to pick up. Nothing to scrub. No more loathing. 

Just breathing...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need more to clean, you can always come to our place! Just joshin' - get some rest and let your brain settle.

Kristi said...

Hey - that's good advice from a seven-year-old! That was me, btw.

Cheryl Russell said...

A clean closet sounds nice!